Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Bus Chronicles

I'm thrilled Don has invited me to be a guest contributor to this blog. I'm a daily Westside rider of the ABQ transit system, and aside from the financial and environmental benefits, interacting with fellow Burqueños is my favorite thing about public transportation. Periodically, I'll be posting Bus Chronicles, which highlights fun, interesting, and sometimes bizarre experiences on the various routes I take throughout the city. Enjoy.

An Albuquerque Love Story in One Act


(A woman climbs aboard the #50 talking away on her bluetooth headset.)

"Yeah, Shannon made it official"
"[...]"
"I know, 2 ½ years, right?"
"[...]"
"He came into the bedroom and told me if I was down to go to jail with him, I was down to live with him."
"[...]"
"Yeah"
"[...]"
"Yeah, then he handed me the lease and my name was right there on it next to his."
"[...]"
"I know! I asked him how he got all that stuff, my social and stuff..."
"[...]"
"I don’t know, but it was the best sex of our lives."

FIN

Epilogue: As I stepped off the bus, I heard her say, "I don't care if he's the daddy or not. If you sign that birth certificate, you're responsible."

No comments:

Post a Comment