Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poetry & Beer

Wow! What an incredibly warm night to be stuck inside Blackbird Buvette, but we really didn't plan on it being this warm.  So I loaded up the music stand, a mike stand, my laptop, a binder, and various cords into my cart, attached it to my fixie and away I went.

But another Poetry & Beer is not the purpose of this post.   The purpose is to talk about the ride back.


My Route Home

What I didn't anticipate was in how much drag the cart, unloaded even, is on my ride.   So as I was making my way from the low point (the underpass right by the Convention Center) up MLK to finally rest at the underpass at the highway, I had to stand up and pound on the pedals.

Off comes the jacket.   I'm sweating and its 11:30 at night.

The lesson:  no matter how loaded the cart is, you need to use the mountain bike  when you're coming home from downtown.   There's a reason for a derailleur.   I know I talked about this before, but I was assuming that was because the cart was loaded.   Not in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment