Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring is Here!

Weather Today

So it looks like we made it through winter.

I know. I know.  It's just now March and New Mexico springs can still pack a wollop. I know. I know.   The calendar still says it's winter for 20 more days.

But, at the risk of pissing off the weather gods (who would that be anyway?   Mother Nature?)








So what does spring mean?  

Well, it generally means that the nights are still cold and the days are warm.   So I'm planning on either banking on short rides without the warm gear or taking off layers.

It also generally means that I won't be riding in the dark as much.   But, I put down a chunk of change on this:
Bike Lights so taking off my lights and having to replace the batteries every two weeks is no longer necessary.

It still, means, however, having to wrestle with the Lead and Coal Improvement Project which still has about a year for completion, but looks like they are almost done with the area around my place of employment .  They've finally opened up some North/South roads through the construction. For the past few months I've been riding north/south on Yale or University and both roads suck for bikers.

Hoping to get out on this in the next couple of weeks, but have to look at what the possible trails look like.  I know the mountains will still be a mess.






So, see you on the road and hope you see me.
Don 

No comments:

Post a Comment